Sunday, January 27, 2008

Rubik's Cube Theory: Commutators

Duration: 10:59 minutes
Upload Time: 2008-01-21 20:37:41
User: badmephisto
:::: Favorites
:::: Top Videos of Day
Tags:

rubik's  cube  rubix  commutator  commutators  theory  tutorial  how  

Description:

In this video I teach you about commutators, which are sets of moves that only change very small parts of the cube. All of these things are intuitive and derivable, and there are no mentions of algorithms. After understanding this video, you will most likely be able to intuitively solve the entire rubik's cube :) ----------------------------------------- JUST TO CLARIFY: I don't expect anyone to understand in 10 minutes what took me 2 weeks to understand. The aim of this video was to get you interested, and hopefully give you a quick overview of what is possible. As long as you understand the general concept of commutators and how they work, my task is done and I'm happy :) ----------------------------------------- links to good websites that talk about commutators: http://www.ryanheise.com/cube/commutators.html http://solvethecube.110mb.com/commutators.html

Comments

BillyBobsEel ::: Favorites  2008-01-23 12:53:57

i wish id know all this before i started learning it from vids then i could say that i have solved it pretty much on my one(as long as i dont copy any algs)
__________________________________________________
terrapin52 ::: Favorites  2008-01-22 18:40:39

nice video! I always wondered how LL algs were originally derived and this provides some insight. I guess you can come up with new algs based on your preferences, e.g. left hand dominant, etc.
__________________________________________________
badmephisto ::: Favorites  2008-01-22 17:37:02

yea I am in college (or University in Canada, in here there is a distinction :) ) And actually one of my majors might end up being math, but i specialize in computer science and physics. So, commutators for me are pretty interesting stuff.
__________________________________________________
badmephisto ::: Favorites  2008-01-22 17:34:08

well find a move that swaps some two corners and then a move that swaps some two edges on the top layer somewhere. Write all of this down. Then twist that layer by doing U/U'/U2 and do the inverses to get different things. Remember that it doesn't matter if your algs are long or inneficient, if it works, it works :)
__________________________________________________
badmephisto ::: Favorites  2008-01-22 17:32:24

YES! of course you do :) didn't you see the huge sheet of paper full of writing i had in front of me? The reason why I did some of them so quickly was that in process of me making the video i actually learned some of them, due to all the takes I had to make :)
__________________________________________________

Other Video Blog Entries

Elfen Lied - Creature of night
köpek vurulmasi
küçük çoçuk kopartıyo milleti(çiftetelli) NALLIHAN
demon
lol


 

No comments: